Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to stay cool working in the summer sun?

So I'm a beekeeper in Alberta and it can get ridiculously hot around here in the middle of summer. If were busy enough 35 Celsius wont stop us from working. So I'm just looking for tips to stay out of the hospital as I feel as If the heat affects me more than the others at work. Of course being a beekeeper I have to wear the full white jump-suit and veil to work every single day and even though I only wear my underwear underneath I still sweat so much I look like I fell into a river, literally.



So what else can I do to keep cool? I keep my hair up and off my face/neck, drink plenty of cold liquids (juice and gatorade, not colas) and even go stand in the river during lunch if we happen to be there. Is there maybe clothing that would benefit me? I'm sceptical of how much things like Helly Hansen cooling clothes actually help. Also I've seen these rags that feel somewhat like a chamois that apparently you moisten in the morning and theyll stay cold for hours, anyone have any information on these or know where to get them?How to stay cool working in the summer sun?
definitely look into the chamois. if you feel dizzy and feel like you are about to pass out, take a break and visit your doctor. if you can manage, you may be able to build up a resistance and the chamois, liquids, all the things you listed will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment